Saturday, September 20, 2008

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King


I had older brothers who had a shitton of vinyl. I was their LP gopher. In the basement, the bros reclined (likely buzzed) I'd get the order to go pull something from the stacks - usually Remain in Lights, Houses Of The Holy or Hot Rocks, This was one LP I always paused upon and inspected when I rifled through the goods trying to find the next tunes. The bros always demanded I hurry the F up.

Cover spooked the shit out of my elementary school mind. Only a few tracks too. This was so foreign to me. Like a classical record. I never asked to have it played for me. I didn't want to know what it sounded like. My young pessimist mind, MDD-predisposed psyche too sensitive to handle the haunting I suspect lay within. Holy shit was I right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this record. It's hilarious at times lyrically and awesome instrumentally.

eXTReMe Tracker