Thursday, September 11, 2008

Alice Cooper - Love It To Death


This is the alpha and omega of Alice (for me). Honestly, I've never listened to any other Coop in depth... never wanted to. If you tell me there's something from archives I've gotta hear I will definitely blow you off. Don't really care.
This was a constant carry-along cassette for me for most of the Clinton administration. Yeah it's got "Eighteen," but I'm not 18 years old so I don't much give a shit. Think the song is supremely overrated and maybe, because of this high esteemed for "Eighteen," the other tracks have been lost in the jet wash. These are the numbers - Long Way To Go, Ballad of Dwight Fry, Second Coming - complete and driving songs chock full of Coop's gypsy chutzpah

1 comment:

Jamie Garner said...

i agree with you- in part. 'killer', the follow up to this album (released less than a year later) is just as good. i was 13 when the two albums were released, and they wound up being the soundtrack to my life for the next ten years.

seriously, check out killer- i promise you won't be sorry. maybe it will get you thru the obama years.

eXTReMe Tracker