Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fugazi - Instrument Soundtrack



I can't diss Fugazi. I may throw them an eye roll every once in awhile. Bottom line Fugazi is a tight rock band who, to their credit, always stick to their guns. The idea of Fugazi to me is much better than the actual artifact. But really nothing achieves the idea.

I'd actually heard the soundtrack before seeing the film (which is very good). What really tickled my fancy with this soundtrack was that it felt to me like the Fugazi animal was truly boiled down, the fat rendered and what remained is the strength of the outfit - rhythm. There's always that parallel to dub triggered in my head with Fugazi - bass and drums being the wheels. Instrument presents this better than anywhere else in the discography.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker