Monday, June 14, 2010

Various Artists - Survival Sampler SR-1A (1984)

"Warner Bros. Records' Survival Sampler SR-1A is a portable compendium of the best of British and Australian new music. The complete version, commercially available only on cassette, is 56 minutes in length and features twelve artists from eight different labels. Designed to enhance and perhaps extend human life, the Survival Sampler comes in a can."




this came our way via one BobAvocado:

Guys of ForestRoxx,

I thought you night be interested in an almost all digital source copy of the 1984 Warner Music Survival Sampler SR-1A Sound Rations - I get the sense from your blog that you are approximately my age and might recall this sampler that came in a cold war appropriate army drab can.

I cobbled this together from my CD's except for The Assembly song which seems never to have been released in North America digitally - so its an audio rip from a You Tube video. I do have a vinyl version of the song on a 6 track radio station promotional EP for said sampler (no ability to rip from the vinyl at the moment).

Regards,
BobAvocado




Track List:
01. The Smiths - What Difference Does It Make
02. The Church - Electric Lash
03. China Crisis - Wishful Thinking
04. Scritti Politti - Wood Beez (Pray Like Aretha Franklin)
05. Carmel - More More More
06. King Crimson - Sleepless
07. Aztec Camera - Pillar To Post
08. The Cure - The Caterpillar
09. The Bluebells - I'm Falling
10. Modern English - Rainbows End
11. The Assembly - Never Never
12. Depeche Mode - Everything Counts




HEAR

(password: survival)
[link removed per DMCA complaint 10/10/10]

2 comments:

whammo said...

PLEASE repost the links for this! i had one in the 80s in college, and have been looking for a download for years.

Anonymous said...

I worked in a record store in 1984 and remember getting this, the cassette in the cas. I had it mixed up with "Attack of the Killer Bs" compilation and couldn't remember the name...

thanks to the google and some clever key words, including a typo, I found this! Man, it was bugging me! Thank you!

eXTReMe Tracker