Friday, February 19, 2010

King Kong - Old Man on the Bridge [1991]


ohfeck: yuh do this feel good
been trying put this up here
fur what feels like a rite long
time now. and it sits so purty
tween kings crimson + tubby

HEAR

read: wow wasn't this a craze, way back when.
these fine folks put on many a real fine time way
way back around when this album was tres circa

~~~
learneth: King Kong, a rock band from Louisville, Kentucky, formed in early 1989 by Ethan Buckler, the original bassist in the band Slint. The core trio for many years was made up of Buckler, Willie McClean (bass), and Ray Rizzo (drums). Over the course of its existence King Kong has been joined by Todd Hildreth (keys), Suki Anderson (add'l vocals), Amy Greenwood (add'l vocals), Andy Hurt (percussion), and Dave Pajo (drums). There are many others too numerous to list.
~~~

honestly yall, hearing this just puts me in a right-good, ass-wagging, frame-of-mind.

me? I go
straight to
ROLLING O.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance you post more from King Kong. Their records are hard to find in Germany.

balustrade said...

YEAH! I really connected with this when I was 21. It must have been the depth of the lyrics that really sold me.

heyba heyba heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba heyba heybe heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba heyba heyba heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba heyba heyba heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba heyba heyba heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba heyba heyba heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba heyba heyba heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba heyba heyba heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba heyba heyba heeba hobba hoba hooba hobba

Anonymous said...

I think I found one of the last CDs of this release at a dying dinosaurish record store in downtown Chicago called The Crow's Nest by DePaul about 5 or so years ago. I was so excited to see it in the bins. Someone needs to re-release this on vinyl - yeah, I'm a corksniffer like that.

Anonymous said...

Now this is one I haven't thought about in 15 years or so. Good call!

Arlopop

ForestRoxx said...

can still recite the rap in my dreams

Mark said...

THANKS!!!

MORE KONG PLZ

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the wonderful records!

Clambeard said...

Thanks for this album! I've been missing this since the 90s!

eXTReMe Tracker