Tuesday, October 20, 2009

gordons - first album and future shock e.p.



Continuing the series of influential acts coming forth from the Forest, please turn your ears to the underrated Gordons. Last night's conversation about Bailterspace reminded me of their better prior incarnation. The Gordons were distinctive from other NZ bands because they lacked the murky quality that seemed to be a signature of the majority of the bands coming from that area. Have a little listen and tell me what you think.

Gordons and Beyond: a chronological history of the Gordons and how they turned into Bailterspace.

Trouser Press

Hear it now.

1 comment:

balustrade said...

THANK YOU, this is making me very happy. I love being trapped in the gauze of Bailterspace, but the clarity of this vision is a little more striking. Somehow I totally missed this over the years, thanks again.

eXTReMe Tracker