Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Boards of Canada - In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country


Whoa, now let's just tug the reigns a little bit. Cool down. All this GRRR GRRR Reagan sucks, Nuclear War, Spit n Vinegar really takes it out of me.

So it's cooling, wetting, darkening sooner. Now that I've allowed myself back into the ring with Bob Hope, and am again enjoying long pants, wooly things, shaggy hair, soupbowls, the absence of superficial and visceral of SUMmer, I wind the top on this absolute TREASURE (as Lovey would say).

If I ever make a compilation I intend to play as I prepare to jump from a hot air balloon, this title track is definitely batting clean-up.

_____________________________

WIKIWIKI: In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country is an EP released by Boards of Canada. It was released on 27 November 2000 by Warp Records between Music Has the Right to Children and Geogaddi.

The concept of the EP alludes to the countryside and nature. The record was pressed on sky-blue vinyl. Several references to the religious group Branch Davidians are also found. The second track, is named after Amo Bishop Roden, a noted Branch Davidian.[1] The third track hints towards the location of the Waco compound previously inhabited by the religious collective,[2] as well as a quote from the aforementioned Amo Bishop Roden. The artwork also features a small picture of David Koresh himself.[3]


HEAR



1 comment:

Rocky said...

Koresh, Manson, and Meher Baba. Have I missed any other spiritual leaders represented in the Forest?

eXTReMe Tracker