Monday, December 8, 2008

Sebadoh - Asshole & Oven Is My Friend 7s"



The best and the worst of Sebadoh 7"s. (IMO)


With "Oven" some might say this was the beginning of the (interesting) end. Where things got away from the outsider and became the insider. After this is where melody and tunefulness started to outweigh dissonance. Some might say... I might say...


I'm not sure there's a better Sebadoh 7" than Asshole. If so it's sitting on a Baywatch shelf somewhere waiting to be ripped to digital. I know I have analog tape in the cold, dirty basement of some pretty spectacular, seminal 7s. And some stuff graciously sent by Lou himself.

But Asshole... so much anger and beauty. The sound of someone trying to rise above some adversity and pretty much flat-out failing.

1 comment:

Baywatch said...

the cold dirty basement beckons

eXTReMe Tracker