Sunday, October 12, 2008

Didjits - Live at Touch and Go 25th Anniversary Show - 9 Sept 2006

"Remember when" is the *highest* form of conversation!
man. when we used to go see Didjits! fuuuuuck. man. and when "hey judester" came out? whoa. hey fuck man, no seriously. and when we used to go down to champbana and get all fried up and see Didjits. fuck. man. fuck. somehow Rick Didjit was the serious embodiment of rock and fucking roll at that time and place for us kids. it is no small thing and not a lie to claim that the man was our Jerry Lee.

IS. fuck was? what do you mean, was? IS. seriously. when we all went down to the touch and go 25th anniversary show 2 years ago, we questioned our sanity. dude. this shit was so 1980's. get over it. i recall Albini hisself saying as much from the stage. but when Rick Didjit took the stage the intervening years fell away and it was rocknroll bliss in the moment all over again.

At the show, I remember Processed's big bro illuminating me to the nature of Captain Ahab. Namely, that this was (is?) the name of Rick Didjits bong. Duh. I didn't record this show. I was too busy getting visuals. Like this one of Captain Ahab.

But, later on, I did happen to barter some copy of this video for a very nice person's high quality board boot. What I'm saying is that if you didn't happen to make the show, and you like Didjits, then



1 comment:

Mr Lucky Doubles said...

I lived in Chambana when Hornet Pinata came out, and saw them play many a time.

Maybe this will help me actually remember it. Thanks for posting this.

eXTReMe Tracker