Sunday, September 12, 2010

Pop Goes Your Summer - Various

The End of Summer approaches.

As my kids pruned themselves in the pool for the last time this year and I sipped my way through a couple of Sierra Nevadas, I spun up some old mixed discs. I fell back in love with this one from 2003 that I remember mixing for a friend's 40th birthday that year. It is composed of purely disposable pop - exactly as a summer disc should be. I don't usually throw mixed discs up in the Forest, but what the hell.

There's an abundance of Rooney from their debut, and a couple from a nice, but overlooked pop band, Feel.

I should warn you - the tracks are NOT individual. I mix as one continuous track, so suffer the whole thing or blow it off.

Rooney - Stay Away
Pernice Bros - One Foot In The Grave
Sea And Cake - Hotel Tell
Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
Chuck Prophet - Summertime Thing
Rooney - Sh Sh Sh Shakin
EELS - Saturday Morning
Azure Ray - Beautiful Things Come From The Dark
Smog - Our Anniversary
Fountains Of Wayne - Hailey's Waitress
Neutral Milk Hotel - Holland, 1945
Liz Phair - H.W.C.
Feel - Got Your Name On It
Them - It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
Rilo Kiley - With Arms Outstretched
EELS - Numbered Days
Rooney - Blueside
Feel - Won't Stand In Your Way
Fountains Of Wayne - Stacy's Mom
Sorry Bout Dresden - Sick And Sour
Feel - I Am The Summertime
Sea And Cake - Sound And Vision


Hear

eXTReMe Tracker