Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Clash - Rat Patrol from Fort Bragg


Via Goz... So many thanks:

Wikipedia:

Combat Rock was originally planned as a double album with the working title Rat Patrol from Fort Bragg, but the idea was scrapped after internal wrangling within the group. Mick Jones had mixed the first version, but the other members were dissatisfied and mixing/producing duties were handed to Glyn Johns, at which point the album became a single LP. The original mixes have since been obtained and subsequently bootlegged.


HEAR



2 comments:

Steve said...

Not that I'm a ninny or anything, but just want to make sure that it's clear that I'm not claiming authorship of the blurb quoted in this entry, which came from jack.mauveweb.co.uk/. (I got plagiarized once back when I used to write about music and was beyond pissed about it. I need to blog about that incident someday)

ForestRoxx said...

I will make the appropriate changes and repost. I got lazy.

eXTReMe Tracker