Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Black Flag - Live at The Electric Banana, Pittsburgh PA, July 4, 1981


Dez Cadena’s last show as Black Flag’s third vocalist is an innocuous event. Listening to to it in real time, you wonder about the context. Cadena’s voice, by this time, was worn and ragged. Black Flag’s eras began and ended with an abruptness that can only be described as possessing an enviable temerity: they knew when enough was enough. Or, maybe they didn’t. As with most things, it all comes down to perspective.

I tend to be of the school of thinking that Black Flag fell off hard when Rollins took over.


Tracklist:
1 - Damaged II
2 - American Waste
3 - Clocked In
4 - Room 13
5 - Rise Above
6 - Spray Paint
7 - Damaged I
8 - Six Pack
9 - Jealous Again
10 - Police Story
11 - No More
12 - You Bet We've Got Something Personal Against You
13 - I've Heard It Before
14 - Depression
15 - Machine
16 - I've Had It
17 - Nervous Breakdown
18 - No Values


HEAR at the Electric Banana, Pittsburgh PA, July 4, 1981.




1 comment:

RevolutionaryBum said...

Dez was my fave next to Ron. He was great to watch live , always roaming back & Forth and back & forth from side to side of the stage... I When to S.F. just to see the first Black Flag show w/ Hennry and was dissapointed as I recall... So big thanks for this I can't wait to hear what it sounds like and the memories it my stir up !!!

eXTReMe Tracker