Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tape - Milieu Plus [2003(8)]

As the weather warms I find I'm seeding less in the digital forest and spending more time in the analog forests. When relegated to the flat screen, increasingly I find my rifle jammed as I attempt to fire shots into the forest, as posting always hinges on striving to write some pithy, engaging copy to entice the denizens. I could wax rapturous about Tape for quite some time, but that would just monopolize your busy day. Just know that three Swedes originally released Milieu in 2003, it sold out of print, and then was rereleased in 2008 as Milieu Plus with the addition of four outtakes from the same period. Interestingly, the four new tunes aren't tagged on the end, but interspersed throughout which livens up the recording for those familiar with the original. I've adored these guys since their debut, Opera, and recommend all of their releases, but Milieu was the album that immediately made me feel like I knew these guys.



Taped in the forest, with the forest, for the forest






Just look at these guys. If you had them over for dinner with your entire family your grandmother would ask how those sweet boys were when you next deigned to call her. (And why haven't you called her lately.)



E-music now features many of their recordings.

2 comments:

eXTReMe Tracker