Monday, November 24, 2008

Todd Rundgren - Something / Anything?

I think I'm gonna

because it's beautiful.

and because classic roxx

deserve a place in the forest.

PS: this be the sweet Rhino re-ish.





You want Super Hits? Go straight to "I Saw The Light" or "Couldn't I Just Tell You" or, and most especially, "Hello, it's Me" (the best mouthfeel of all Seventies Rock, right here in this bit of groove).



Me? Hey, I love those tunes. But I say fuck all that, and maintain yr indie street cred by skinny dipping straight into "Cold Morning Light" -- no shame there, my brother, sister. And "Breathless" ain't too shabby, neither. Oh, and, um... "One More Day", anyone?

This record is proof positive that vibe and groove will trump pyrotechnics every time.



3 comments:

czarth said...

A cool Beach Boys-y version of Hello It's Me from The Nazz:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yyzzwlohxzo

Unknown said...

A Wizard A True Star is my all time favourite Todd elpee, but the one's it was sandwiched between (this one and Todd) aren't bad either. I can't forgive him for ruining the first New York Dolls elpee though...Thanks for this.

Clive said...

All Todd is good Todd at some level or another - he could do it all!

Thanks!

eXTReMe Tracker